With the support and guidance of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, the UAE Jiu-Jitsu Federation was established in November 2012 as the official authority for Jiu-Jitsu in the UAE.
The Federation plays a leading role in supporting Jiu-Jitsu and contributing to building a strong generation of UAE athletes to excel at the local and international levels. The Federation’s role is to implement policies that develop the sport in collaboration with various government entities, educational institutions and other partners in order to advance the sport locally, regionally and globally.
To work towards creating a supportive and motivating sports environment to achieve excellence and global competitiveness in Jiu-Jitsu sports.
To make the UAEJJF a leading organization and a symbol for Jiu-Jitsu sports globally.
The UAE Jiu-Jitsu Federation strives to promote the following values:
- Loyalty - Instilling a sense of loyalty and belonging among players who believe in their country and protect its achievements.
- Self Confidence - Building strong citizens that defend themselves, their families and community.
- Professionalism - Qualifying highly competent and professional players.
- Continuing Development - Working to develop our performance and resources in a highly professional manner.
- Teamwork - We are cognizant of the importance of cooperation, sharing and exchange of knowledge and expertise.
- Recognition of achievement - We value achievements, through motivation at all levels expertise.
- Sportsmanship - We are cognizant of the importance of respect and compliance with the game’s rules.
UAEJJF undertakes to continuously develop and improve the quality management system, in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, in addition to other Legal and regulatory requirements governing the work; and this is through the ongoing review of the objectives, evaluating the performance, measuring the results and ensuring that the requirements and expectations of the clients are being met and exceeded. Also, UAEJJF undertakes to:
- Contribute to the building of a strong generation having the ability to defend themselves.
- Provide a competitive environment and prepare the champions to compete internationally based on the best international standards.
- Spread the culture of Jiu Jitsu, as well as the healthy culture, through the activities conducted by UAEJJF.
- Achieve the athletic excellence through establishing effective partnerships locally, regionally and internationally.
- Manage the human, financial and technical resources effectively.
The Higher Management of UAEJJF undertakes to develop the abilities of its personnel through conducting appropriate trainings for them and spreading the quality policy and culture among them, in order to ensure that they can provide outstanding services.
The sport of Jiu-Jitsu has become one of the most popular martial arts in many countries, and one of the most attended sporting events locally and globally. Its popularity is boosted by the fact that it is suitable for all ages, for both male and female athletes. In addition it has numerous physical, mental, emotional and social benefits.
The UAE Jiu-Jitsu Federation was established in November 2012 under the patronage and guidance of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces. The organization takes full responsibility for spreading awareness about Jiu-Jitsu and creating a supportive environment that encourages athletes to achieve ambitious goals.
The Federation devotes a large part of its activities towards building bridges of cooperation with all segments of society, government entities and the private sector. As part of our social responsibility we encourage interaction on social issues to promote excellence, hard work and sportsmanship.
We are inspired by the vision of our wise leadership to provide top-class clubs and arenas that can host major sporting events according to the best international standards. We will also nurture new talents and upgrade existing facilities, so that Emirati athletes can proudly raise our flag high at international tournaments.
We express our most sincere appreciation to His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the UAE; and His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice President and Prime Minister, and Ruler of Dubai, for their unwavering support in Jiu-Jitsu’s remarkable journey of growth in our society.
We are also deeply grateful for the generous guidance of His Highness Sheikh Tahnoon bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the spiritual father of Jiu-Jitsu in the UAE.
Our Federation will continue its ambitious journey and arm itself with new ideas to elevate the UAE on the world map of Jiu-Jitsu. Creativity will remain at the heart of our work, and we will achieve our dream of exceling at the Olympic level and the world stage.
HE Abdulmunam Al Hashemi
Chairman of the UAE Jiu-Jitsu Federation